Song 256
Hello my fellow music lovers! Welcome back to the blog! :) Happy October! This is one of my favourite months! Because of Thanksgiving (I'm Canadian) and my birthday, and Halloween! Love all of these things! I was away for a week on a trip, and just got back yesterday! So I'm ready to write again! Today's song is Blood Moon by The Howling! It's a new song, and I absoultely love it! So let's get into it!
Now I've reviewed a song by them before, and I mentioned how they have this old school 80s/90s rock vibe about them. Which is evident in their intro, for this one. But it also sounds modern as well. We start off with this awesome guitar riff. Transitioning into a heavy drum beat. With some electronic elements. Leading us into the first verse: "You (are my eclipse) Are fading faster than a vow. (a tiny wish) In paradise. You (tell me how it tastes) Close your eyes and count to three, (all the time we waste) At the rim of memory." I love how this is set up, and I also enjoy the choir backup vocals I think that's a nice touch. Also very nice song writing on here too. Then we have the chorus: "Under the blood moon, under the midnight hour. Everything for you. Desire, devour." Very catchy chorus, and very awesome vocals. This song works so well for Halloween, because of the dark vibe to it. I'm just gonna talk about the music video for this song for a second. It was a little boring, because it was just them playing the song. I mean the band was a decked out, and dressed really cool. But there was no storyline. I like when then's a storyline to follow along with. But that's just my feelings. The second verse: "Rise (and take your place) in the twilight howl, a black accord. (at the infernal gates) In the crimson night, now see it watch. We shimmer, and stagger to life." Love the spooky theme of this song. The chorus repeats, a couple times. Then we have the bridge: "Would you take my hand? Lead me to the promised land. Unburden my soul, Gloria!" Interesting woring here. But I do like how the bridge is set up. Because after this section, we have this epic instrumental part. Then the song continues on, with repetition of the chorus. There's some added lines mixed in with it. For example the line they added was "(Give into my power)" Which sounds very hypnotising. And some monsters are capable of that. I feel like this could be written from a monster's perspective, but of course you could also see it as a regular human going through a lot. Just before the final outro, we have this high note. It's so freaking good! You have to hear it! Then the song has one last riff, before it ends. I like that. At least it doesn't leave you hanging.
That's it for this review, hoping to do a lot more this month! So stay tuned! Until next time, happy listening :) RAWR XD <3
Here's a couple screenshots from the music video :) I will say, I do like the lighting and editing of the music video. It's very appealing :)
No comments:
Post a Comment