Song 255
Hello my fellow music lovers! Welcome back to the blog! Today I will be reviewing From First To Last's new song They Said Your Ghost Was A Promise! I have been listening to this song non stop for the last three days! I love it! The music video is also amazing! So let's get into it!
We have the intro, which is your classic post-hardcore intro. That fast paced guitar strumming, that almost sounds like pop punk, but it's not the same genre. Usually with post-hardcore music there's a different sound to the melodies, and not as heavy on the instruments. But more heavy on the vocals. Not to be confused with metal-core. Post-hardcore does have some screaming vocals, but it's not all the way through. With metal-core, the vocals are heavier, and there can be more screaming. The intro of this song, does have a softer tone at first. But it picks up. It leads us into the first verse: "The conversations, I wish I could have right now. With you and only you, but waiting by the phone is so hopeless. How do I say it? Tears are pouring out my mouth, I hope one day I see your face staring back at me. Staring back at me." This song is about a loved one, who's gone. And you can hear the emotion that was put into this song. And the longing to be with this person again. The chorus: "Right now, we'd be singing your favourite songs, that you showed to me. (and hear your voice again) I'd give anything to put things back how they used to be. (I didn't want to) but I had to. (I didn't want to) but I had to, say goodbye to you. (goodbye to you) You left a fracture that will never mend." I absolutely love the chorus on this song! It's so catchy, and fun! Even though it has a somber theme to it. There is also screaming vocals, mixed in throughout the song. After the first verse, there's a little instrumental section. It sounds, amazing! Plus it helps keep you in the moment with the story. The second verse: "Counting backwards, I can't fall asleep at night. Without you right here, every day's a living nightmare. I thought I saw you in the background like a ghost. Dressed to haunt me, like nothing ever happened to you. (You, you) Like it never happened." This has me believe, that he possibly lost this person to suicide. Which is horrible, and this month is suicide prevention month. Perhaps there was a connection in releasing this song this month. Please remember, if you or someone you know is having suicidal thoughts please reach out. There's always someone out there that will listen. And remember that you deserve to be here, you are loved, and you are enough :) The chorus repeats, then we have the bridge: "Mend my broken heart, I keep looking to the skies (to the skies) Waitng for answers. If I could look into your eyes, (into your eyes) Then would heaven send comfort? And I hope you're (I hope you're) doing okay. (doing okay) I wish you saw all the life that you had." This part deffinitly cement's my thoughts about this song being about losing someone to suicide. Which is so awful, I can't imagine what it's like to lose someone in that way. And also what that person was going through, when it happened. The chrous repeats a final time, and the outro is a fade out. Which is nice, I love a smooth outro. My only qualms with this song, is how the last sentence is unfinished. It drives me a little nuts, when people do that. Like why bother writing it, if you're not gonna finish the sentence?! But other then that, it's an amazing song!
I hope you consider checking this song out! Oh and I forgot to mention, From First To Last has a new vocalist. I think he's a great addition to the band! Until next time, happy listening! :) RAWR XD <3
Here's a couple screenshots from the music video :)
No comments:
Post a Comment