Song 253
Hello everyone, welcome back to the blog! Today I am reviewing Funhouse by Sitiched Up Heart! This band is so cool, I think I reviewed another song by them before. So let's get into it!
Starting with the intro, we have this slow tune at first. But then it picks up when the first verse starts. And here's the first verse: "Welcome to the funhouse, let's refill that perscription. Tonight we're gonna let it out! In this mental institution, hey crazy people get down! Let's start the party right now!" Interesting take on a mental facility. I think I like what they're going for here. The pre-chorus: "Write for the dead, write for the dead. Write for the dead, write for the dead." There's some screaming mixed in with the verses and also in the pre-chorus. It's really fun, I like the dynamic of it. The chorus: "In this looney bin, we're all patients in need of medication. We've been committed in a straight jacket, trapped in an insane asylum." Now, before you speculate anything. I don't think this song was written with insenstive intent. I think they were trying to shine a light on mental health, and show that mental facilities aren't all terrible. Also this chorus is very catchy and fun. The second verse: "Welcome to the freakshow, come on you gotta let it go! Now tell me something I don't know, I've lost my fucking marbles!" That last part is screaming. I really like that, because it adds to the "madness" that is being conveyed here. The pre-chorus and the chorus repeat, and there isn't really a bridge. In place of that, it's a slow down version of the chorus. With one word difference in the one repeat. (It's the F word) Then the outro is the pre-chorus. And the song just ends with the last word.
That's it for this review, I hope you consider checking out this song. Until next time, happy listening! :) RAWR XD <3
No comments:
Post a Comment