Tuesday, 25 August 2026

song 254

 Song 254

Hello my fellow music lovers, welcome back to the blog! Today I will be reviewing Rattle The Cage by Nickelback! ft. John 5! I've loved Nickelback since I was a kid, and I love that they are still doing music. This song is little on the heavier side, which is cool! Since they are known for soft rock mostly. But I do love this knew direction they have taken. So let's get into it! 

Starting with the intro, we have this epic guitar and drum action! It's amazing! It's the kind of sound that feeds my soul! This brings us to the first verse: "Welcome to the human ocean, crowd starts moving in slow motion. What you feel is what you came for, devil horns, what your hand was made for." I'm not sure on the context of the song yet, but I feel like it's gonna be a song that makes you think. The pre-chorus: "Hey, you, we don't care what you do. This is where you come to get out what you're going through. And time will tell, how long someone can yell. Scream until we know that they can hear us down in hell." Like I thought, profound lyrics. Music really does help get out all those pent up emotions, and thoughts. Whether it's belting out lyrics, or screaming along with the singers. It is a great way to get out whatever is going on in your life. The chorus: "We're past the point of pain, with backs against the wall. Has to be the one and one for all. We face another day, we raise the battle call. Rattle the cage, until it falls. So get up, get up. Rattle the cage until it falls." I suppose the cage could be a metaphor for anything that makes you feel trapped. This song is talking about breaking free from that metaphorical cage. The second verse: "Catch your breath, a new beginning. There's no rest once the room starts spinning, letting go of your frustration. Every form of your aggravavtion." This just confirmed my thoughts on the theme of this song, it is about breaking free from whatever happens. The pre-chorus and the chorus repeat, then there's an instrumental portion. That replaces where the bridge should be. I don't know who John 5 is but he is a wizard on guitar. I saw him in the music video, and he played so well! The chorus repeats a final time. With the outro being drawn out by drums. It sounds fantastic! The vocals on this trace are so good! Chad's voice is still in great shape! I feel like it's gotten deeper over the years, which he already had a really deep voice to begin with. But now, it sounds really deep. Amazing song writing, and very well arranged. 

I highly recommend this song, it might just change your life! :) Until next time, happy listening! RAWR XD <3 


Here's a screenshot of the music video! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

song 255

  Song 255 Hello my fellow music lovers! Welcome back to the blog! Today I will be reviewing From First To Last's new song They Said You...