Tuesday, 11 August 2026

song 252

 Song 252

Hello my fellow music lovers, welcome back to the blog! Today I will be reviewing Pretty In Punk by Fall Out Boy! This is one of their older songs, it's off their mini LP and second EP back in 2003. I really like the 2000s sound on this track, so let's get into it! 

Starting with the intro, we have this guitar strumming. Backed up by drums, it deffinitely has that old school pop punk vibe. I love that. This takes us into the first verse: "Walking off that stage tonight, I know what you're thinking yeah. He stands alone, because he's high on himself. But if you only knew, I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you, and watched you smile. So many kids, but I only see you. And I don't think you notice me." I think this song is about meeting someone at a concert, and being too shy to say anything to them. I also love the catchy melody in this section. The pre-chorus: "Well, I've seen your boyfriend, and I don't think he treats you right. But that's none of my business is it?" Perhaps, but if he's being abusive to her in anyway. I think you should say something. The chorus: "I'm not the way you think I am. No. I'm not the way you think I am, no." Now this could mean a number of things, because people are very complex. I feel like this chorus is open to interpretation. The second verse: "The only girl who ever gave me the time, was the one who only wanted five minutes of mine. Knocking boots in the back, how degrading is that? I decline. I'm too terrified, and would you mind if I sat next to you, and watched you smile. So many kids, but I only see you. And I don't think you notice me." I decided to group that last line, into the verse because I just felt like it wasn't a true pre-chorus. Also good for you for declining what was suggested there. I know some of the context here, is a little creepy. Like sitting next to someone, and watching them smile. It's a little odd. But he is too scared to say anything to this person, plus he did kind of ask her. But it can be interpreted as creepy. The pre-chorus and the chorus repeat. Then there's an instrumental part, and there's no bridge on this track. After the instrumental, the chorus repeats six times before coming to a close. I also like the vocals, because you can hear how far Patrick Stump has come with his singing. He sounded good here, but he sounds even better now. The song ends with a little drum/cymbol combo. It's very faint but it's there. 

I think this is a really good song, and deffinitly worth a listen. Especially if you're a Fall Out Boy like myself. That's if for this review, until next time Happy Listening! RAWR XD <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

song 252

  Song 252 Hello my fellow music lovers, welcome back to the blog! Today I will be reviewing Pretty In Punk by Fall Out Boy! This is one of ...