Tuesday, 21 July 2026

song 249

 Song 249

Hello everyone! Welcome back to the blog! Today I will be reviewing one of the new songs from Motionless In White's new album, Decades! The song I have chosen is Love At First Bite! I am obsessed with this song, and I really hope they do a music video for it, because the storyline needs to be seen! So without further introduction, let's get into it! 

Starting with the intro, we have this organ playing. I know it's an organ, it's a very distinctive sound. What I'm not sure of is whether or not, they used a real organ, or an organ simulator. Either way, it sounds really cool, and adds the kind of spooky vibe they're going for. The organ is paired with some synths, and drum sequences. Very cool sound. This leads us into the first verse: "Blood-red lips hiding snow white fangs, a hellfire heart with artic veins. She walks the streets like a creature of the night. We're only up when the sun goes down, she's the siren song to my lethal howl. We lurk in the shadows, eyes glowing in the moonlight. Just waiting for our moment to strike." For those of you who listened to their previous album, Scoring The End Of The World, they did a song called Werewolf. This could be the counter song for that track. It has the same vibe, only this time the wolf is interested in a vampire girl. I love the storyline in this song. Little pre-chorus here: "And I would kill, to take a life with her." Two monsters in love, stalking the night. Sounds like a movie plotline. The chorus: "Cause I'm a sucker for a good time, and you're just my blood type baby. Would you hate a monster like me? Or could it be, love at first bite?" This chorus, is so freaking catchy and fun! Very dance related, I love a good dance song. Something I can stim to, is always a win. The second verse: "Drop dead gorgeous with an ugly vice, another soul lost to sacrifice. She's got lashes like wings, but she never bats an eye. Vindictively addictive with an appetite, she only comes alive in the dead of the night. I wanna sink my teeth into her mystery divine, are you terrified?" The last line there, the terrified part, it's a different effect from the rest of the song. It's like the vocals were synthized. It sounds neat. I also love clever vampire references with the wings and bat lines. The chorus repeats, with some backing vocals, that come with added lyrics. "A supernatural reaction, can't fight the fatal attraction." This part sounds very 80s. Like Micheal Jackson for example. It has that kind of sound to it. Also there's a slight lyric change on this part of the chorus. "You've never met a monster like me, so could it be love at first bite?" It's also kind of a romantic song as well. The bridge: "Hopelessly necromantic, can't fight the impulse. Forbitten love forever sealed by moonlight's curse." I like how they tied in the fact that they are the undead, and also the forbitten love thing. Because again with the whole vampire/werewolf storyline. Since both of these monsters bite. Very clever. I also like how the word curse is drawn out. There's an epic instrumental part, before the corus repeats again. Then near the end, we have this line "There's no other monster like me, it's meant to be. Love at first bite." Love how that's wrapped up, and a very sweet ending. So like I said, I would love to see a music video for this song! Also love all the guys vocals on this track, Chris's voice is to die for! He has such a beautiful sound, as well as the other guys too. They're backing vocals really add a level of depth to the song. It's perfect! There isn't an outro per say, the song just kind of ends. But you could think of the last repetition of the chorus as the outro. Such a great song, and you should go listen to the new album! 

That's it for this review! It feels so good to have new music to talk about, I love writing about songs! Until next time, happy listening! RAWR XD <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

song 251

  Song 251 Hello my fellow music lovers! Welcome back to the blog! Today I am reviewing Incantantion by The Howling! I don't think I...