Tuesday, 28 July 2026

song 250

 Song 250

Hello my fellow music lovers! Welcome back to the blog! Today I will be reviewing Pretty Handsome Awkward by The Used! I don't believe I ever reviewed this song before, so I thought now would be a good opportunity! Let's get into it! ( I also really love this song) 

Starting with the intro, we have this nice classic early-mid 2000s rock sound. I live for that sound, it's so good! We also have Bert practically shredding his voice! Which is so awesome! This leads us into the first verse: "Kicking it out, your dream vacation. Is my hostage refuge, a work in progess. You bleed just like you puke while running a mile. I beg to differ, make me an offer. Warm summer rain, you bleed just you puke while running a mile." I'm not really sure what this song is about, but I love how it's arranged. The vocals are so good on this track, and yeah I just really love it. Then we have the chorus: "Hey, are you okay? You look pretty low. Very handsome awkward. Do you feel okay? You look pretty low, very handsome awkward." Not really sure what means, but the chorus is really catchy and edgy in the best way. I'll let you wonderful readers interpret this one. The second verse: "Your market value, your resurrection. Your shallow concept help your self. I hope you choke and you die, I know you meant it. Nice fucking disguise. (So hollow) Embrace the burn." Just in case there's any confusion, if there's brackets on sections of the song that means backing vocals. Which add a nice level of dimension to the song. The chorus repeats, and the bridge is a repeat of the first verse. Followed by more repetitons of the chrous, and finally the outro. And the outro is very satisfying, it's drawn out with the vocals and the instrumentals. Ending on a perfect little scream by Bert. This is such a fun, and edgy song. I recommend you go check this out, if you haven't listened to it yet. Or if you've never heard of The Used, go check out the rest of their disography. They are a really cool band! 

That's it for this review, I know it's a little short. But I just had a hard time analyzing the lyrics on this one. Hopefully all of you can come up with what you think it means. Because everyone interprets music and art differently. And that's a really cool and beautiful thing. Until next time, happy listening! RAWR XD <3 

Here's a screenshot from the music video, I tried to get a good one, but they were moving around a lot in this one. But I did the best I could! (Not one of my favourtie music videos) but it's a good song! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

song 251

  Song 251 Hello my fellow music lovers! Welcome back to the blog! Today I am reviewing Incantantion by The Howling! I don't think I...