Saturday, 11 July 2026

song 248

 Song 248

Hello my fellow music lovers, welcome back to the blog! Today I will be reviewing Heart by The Pretty Reckless! This is my first time reviewing a song by this band, and I have to say I'm really impressed by them. If you know who Taylor Momsen is, then you probably have heard of this band. She played Cindy Lou in the live action Grinch movie when she was a little girl. She was in other acting roles too, but she also has a band! So without further introduction, let's get into the song! 

Starting with the intro, we have this nice guitar strumming. It's really pretty, and simple but still very effective for setting the mood. This brings us into the first verse: "Never wanted to feel, never wanted you to steal, my heart. Never wanted to know, never wanted to show I'm weak." This line speaks volumes on how you could interpret it. I really like the melancholy vibe of the vocals as well. Then we have the chorus: "I'm falling all over myself, trying to be someone else. I wish you were there to walk me home, so I wouldn't have to feel alone." From my perspective on this, I feel like should come be talking about wanting someone, and not wanting someone at the same time. If that makes sense. Because the first part of this, she says she's trying to be someone else. But then she wants the person she's talking about to walk her home. It's kind of giving mixed messages. The chorus is also where the drums come in. Giving a heavier vibe to the melody. Then we have the second verse: "Always wanted to be, always wanted you to see. My heart. Always wanted your love, always wanted but never was." Okay, now this section makes more sense. I totally get where she's coming from here, but some people can't handle emotions unfortunately. Which makes you question, if your emotions matter. Well I'm here to tell you, that feeling things is okay. It's what makes us human, and I finally understand that if you can't handle feelings, then don't bother with me. I love how Taylor conveys that in her lyrics, and the way this song is arranged. The chorus repeats, with one small change. Instead of the word "trying" it's replaced with "dying" If you feel like you need to change for someone, then it's not healthy. Oh there's another part that changes on the chorus. "I don't wanna fight the world alone." I'm just gonna leave that, at that. There's an instrumental part, which sounds really cool with the guitar and drums mixed together. Then we have a little bridge: "Never told you before. Never loved you more." So much emotion in these two little sentences. I love it. The chorus then repeats, a final time. Followed by the outro, which slowly fades out. Bringing an end to an emotionally raw song. Taylors voice is also really amazing, she has a little rasp, which is perfect for rock and ballads such as this. 

That is it for this review, I hope you consider checking it out. I will see you in the next one! Happy Listening! RAWR XD <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

song 255

  Song 255 Hello my fellow music lovers! Welcome back to the blog! Today I will be reviewing From First To Last's new song They Said You...